Tuesday, February 7, 2017

MUA February: Natasha Katrina



Your name: Natasha Katrina
Your IG:@makeupbynkc
Your Twitter:n/a


Where are you from?
Miami, FL

What made you fall in love with makeup and beauty?
I fell in love with the art of makeup when I was about 8 or 9 years old, and I was watching my mother apply makeup to herself and her friends. I loved the creativity it allows you to have, but even more, I love the empowerment and confidence you feel knowing you've artistically expressed yourself. To me, makeup even in its simplest and purest form can evoke an emotion. And the community surrounding makeup artist is so encouraging and bountiful. I fell in love with the art, the community, and the soul behind makeup. 


What is your go-to moisturizer?
My all time favorite is Purpose, it's my hidden secret! Hypoallergenic, non-scented, and very light spf gives me everything I need, and even blends great with my foundation palette for my clients. 

Matte lips or lip gloss?
Ughhhhh so hard!! I'm from Miami, FL, so clear gloss is EVERYTHING to some of my Latina friends and family. As I've grown as an artist, I have an equal appreciation for a fierce matte lip and mayyy apply a quick shine at the end. Can't get enough.

What time period in beauty do you most wish you could live in for  a few days?
Although I love the NOW of makeup, as we as a community have evolved and become so progressive with trends and support different ideas of what is "beautiful", I do wish I could spend a few days in the mid-century era, the 1950's. With one of my all time favorites, Ms. Marilyn Monroe, and the love of a fuller body image on the big screen. 

Favorite beauty IGs to follow:
I just LOVE Huda Beauty!! I follow many, so it's hard to pick a true favorite, but bold and glamorous and then clean and modern are my favorite style to follow.

Best way for fans to keep up with what you're doing?
I'd love for fans to follow this amazing journey through my instagram, @makeupbynkc and my FB page @makeupbynkc. Website launch coming soon!!! 

What is your advice for plus sized fashionistas who want to look and feel fabulous?
BE FABULOUS!!!! I AM a plus size fashionista and I say in order to feel beautiful, you have to believe that you ARE beautiful ! Embrace the curves; imperfections in our lives are what make us unique. Slay no matter your size and charge the rest to the GAME! 

What can we do, right now, to make the world a better place?
We need to be compassionate. In this day, so many emotions and opinions are shielding the ultimate golden rule- do unto others as you would want to be done to you. Have compassion for those who are less tolerant, as fighting combat with combat will lead us nowhere. Stand for what you believe in and remember the change comes from within, and starts with just one person. 


What's your favorite...
Red lipstick? CHANEL ROUGE ALWAYS. 
Song, currently? Flute Down, Karl Denson- it's so random but a big dance party. Imagine Ron Burgundy meets Bruno's instrumental band!
Website for buying beauty?
BHcosmetics.com
Nail polish? Essie, Lady Godiva (my go to winter color). Summer is Essie, Fiji.

No comments:

Post a Comment